Phone Numbers that are assigned to you are visible in the Phone Numbers section of the Portal. Here, you have the ability to modify the call routing and behavior of incoming calls.
To modify the behavior or details of a phone number, click “Phone Numbers”, then click “Edit”:
- Caller ID (CNAM): - The value of this field will be displayed on the called party's Caller ID display when they make outgoing calls from this phone number. This field is limited to 15 characters including spaces, commas and periods. No other punctuation should be used. Please allow between 7-10 days for changes to this field to take effect.
- Internal Presentation - If the customer has a need for the caller ID name for incoming calls to be presented differently than the caller has supplied, the settings can be changed here. If any text is entered into the text box, it will be pre-pended to the beginning of the caller ID name that the caller has provided, and displayed to the called party. If the checkbox is checked, then the caller ID name that the caller has presented will be displayed to the customer, otherwise it will not be provided.
- If Holiday - Customers have the option to configure specific dates to be holidays, using the “Holidays” module. If a call comes in on a day that is configured as a holiday, the call be be routed based on the rule defined in this field.
- Route To - all incoming calls to this number are routed based on the rule defined by this field.
- Hold Music Group - Customer have the option to select custom hold music for incoming calls based on upload content in the “Hold Music” module
- Screen for Privacy - This feature of the PBX System is to have incoming calls screened for telemarketers or other automatic dialer programs. If “Yes” is selected, than all callers who do not present a caller ID will hear a greeting asking them to enter a caller ID number using the dial pad of their phone. If they do not enter a number, they are disconnected.
- Currently Active? - This must be set to "YES" for inbound calls to process for the number. Note: A change to this field can take up to five minutes.
Calls can be routed to the following options:
- Extension - Calls process to the Extension and follow the extensions routing.
- Sip Trunk - Calls process to Sip Trunk and follow sip trunk routing.
- Phone - Calls process directly to the Phone and do not follow any additional routing. Note: if user does not answer caller will be disconnected.
- Mailbox - Calls process to a Mailbox.
- Group - Calls process to the Group and follow the groups routing.
- Auto Attendant - Calls process to the Auto Attendant and follow the auto attendants routing.
- Time Frame - Calls process to the Time Frame and will follow configured routing depending on time of day.
- Conference - Calls process to a configured Conference.
- Conference Hub - Calls process to the Conference Hub.
- Queue - Calls process directly to configured Queue. Note: If this is selected the caller will not hear a ring, they will instantly hear hold music.
- Outside Phone Number - Calls are forwarded to listed outside number. Note: This can not be another number in the same pbx.
- Company Directory - Calls process to the Company Directory.
- Check Voicemail - Calls process to the check voicemail application